Since 1998 Crisa is oriented towards the Defence sector, showing core strengths in engineering and electronic technology:
- Avionics hardware design and production, as well as software development.
- Data processing and data management: sensors data processing, memory units, electronic control units.
- Avionics data handling buses (e.g. 1553 Mil-Std, CAN BUS)
- Power electronics.
- Flight software development.
- State-of-the-art integrated electronics: ASICs, system on chip, hybrids, …
- Test benches.
- Database management, archive and catalogue.
- A400M: electronic equipment engineering and assurance of Do-254 regulations
- Air refueling boom system: electric systems specification and boom control unit
- Eurofighter: development of the flight software modules and the MIU unit
- F-18: development and prototype of the DSU mission data memory unit and maintenance
Helios Control and Programming Centre handles with user requests for missions and the exploitation of the received satellite images:
- For Helios 1A and 1B, Crisa designed the computer and communication architecture and developed the operation and cataloguing software. It was also in charge of integration and validation of a number of ground segment subsystems.
- For Helios 2A, Crisa integrated and validated the THR instrument ground subsystem, which provides images with higher resolution
- For these 3 satellites (1A, 1B and 2A), Crisa, in collaboration with Indra Espaciom, is in charge of the maintenance process of the Spanish Ground Segment System
As part of SIGESTREDI program for the Spanish MoD, Crisa has developed the satellite's images cataloguing and archiving system.
Crisa is actively participating in the redaction of an European Defence White Book covering microelectronics, power and reliability engineering technology areas.
Crisa is also an active member of the Eurofinder Programme (SOCCER project) which addresses the creation of an European Defence and Aerospace IP exchange network. Its main contributions are:
- Development of an IP Catalogue
- Development of an FPGA/ASIC ( LEON processor based military/space communications SoC) using the SOCCER methodology
Crisa forms part of the TACONE consortium focussed on the definition of the NATO communication military standards (STANAG), being in charge of three different work packages within the scope of the TACOMS project.